About Passive Optical LAN
A revolution in IP Connectivity – Passive Optical LAN uses fibre rather than copper cabling to offer a high capacity, secure converged network at a lower cost than traditional Ethernet solutions removing the need for remote cabinets and IDF rooms. The elimination of unnecessary IDF rooms allows you to create a highly efficient “Green” network whist also significantly lowering your operational expenses.
- Lower capital costs versus traditional copper based solutions
- No remote cabinets or switches
- Lower operational costs
- Highly secure and reliable
- Massive reduction in floor and rack space consumption
- Save Space – Up to 90% reduction in floor and rack space
- Increase revenue – Increase occupancy –Use wasted space
- Decrease power – Up to 84% reduction in power utilisation
- Increase lifespan – fibre lasts for 50+ years
- Optimised architecture – eliminate wiring closets
- Green – green building technologies
- Reduced CAPEX and OPEX
APOLAN - Association of Passive Optical LAN
The Association for Passive Optical LAN is a non-profit organization composed of manufacturers, distributors, integrators, and consulting companies who are actively involved in the Passive Optical LAN marketplace. Our members support the growth and education of the Passive Optical LAN industry and are focused on formulating solutions on how best to market, install, educate, and support this burgeoning field.